Republicans are leading Democrats – arguably by quite a lead – in suppression of voting rights and access, particularly with the cataclysmic abandonment of key historic Voting Rights Act provisions by the Supreme Court. “Junkets, anyone.” And Republicans and Democrats are in collusion when it comes to restricting significant parties from debates where ideas and potential leaders can be brought to the attention of the people. While the major two parties have often shown themselves to be open – somewhat – to allowing extensive gaggles of honkers within their own races, they, and the establishment media partners are complicit in the censorship and suppression of these established but undeniably excluded voices. Particularly interesting is Libertarian Party Presidential candidate Gary Johnson, who in an Arizona round table on Democracy Now (4.27.16) with two Republican and Democratic women, hosted by Amy Goodman, announced that the party would be represented in all of the 50 states in the 2016 presidential race. As with the Green Party, promoted by Jill Stein, who ran in 2012 and is one of the two people in consideration along with William Kreml at the Convention in August, the two parties have long recognized politically left and right influences with their own adherents. And among things that they agree on are open, democratic presidential debates. Add your support to this petition if you agree to open, more inclusive debates of ideas and perhaps the 3 months prior to the November election will be more interesting? Thank you, and happy campaigning! Act Democratic
The Arktika launched early on June 16, ahead of its original 2017 schedule. Powered by two nuclear reactors, the 568 foot leviathan displaces over 33,000 metric tons of water and can break through ice 10 feet thick and 13 feet deep, according to Sputnik News. With a crew of 75 people, the Arktika will operate in the Western and Eastern Arctic seasonally.
Russia is the only country in the world to use nuclear-powered icebreakers. Federation Council speaker Valentina Matvienko said: “It’s hard to overestimate what has been done by our scientists, designers and shipbuilders. I am very proud of our country and the people who created such a ship.”
NPR suggests the move follows global warming’s increasing of Arctic shipping routes and the construction of Russian bases in the Arctic Circle.
Russia already has more icebreakers than any other country – in fact, more icebreakers than all other countries combined.
natesilver: Trump has closed from being a 3:1 underdog to a 2:1 underdog, roughly speaking.
micah: That’s a pretty big change. Well, not that big, I guess.
natesilver: If I say his chances have increased from 25 percent to 33 percent, that doesn’t sound so big.
harry: And don’t be shocked if Trump’s odds fall again once Clinton clinches the nomination and her polling goes up.
Test results from Microbe Inotech Lab showed 10 different wines contained glyphosate, the active ingredient in Monsanto’s Roundup weedkiller …
1. According to farmers like John Kempf of AdvancingEcoAg.com, glyphosate based herbicides are showing up in irrigation water, are likely present in manure/fertilizer from animals fed genetically modified grains and drift from spraying. Glyphosate residues have been detected in many foods, cotton products, breast milk, beers and wines.
2. Wine growers of conventional farms report that their family businesses use to be able to harvest from their vines for 100 years. Today, with chemical farming, vines are lasting 10-12 years. Glyphosate is a chelator, which makes the vital nutrients and minerals of any living thing it touches unavailable. Taking the risk of depleting the vitality of important crops is not a good long term decision for farmers of any kind. Instead, Regenerative agriculture enriches the soil, supports longevity of the farm and does not use toxic chemicals.
3. Glyphosate has been deemed a probable carcinogen by the World Health Organization. Even the small amount of 0.1ppt of glyphosate has been shown to stimulate the growth of breast cancer cells. According to the California Department of Health, breast cancer rates in the Sonoma, Napa and Mendocino counties are 10 to 20 percent higher than the national average. There are many pending lawsuits against Monsanto for the connection between non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma and Roundup.
4. The pig study by Pedersen and Krueger showed a repeated 30 percent increase of birth defects and stillborn with the introduction of glyphosate-sprayed grains. The infertility and sterility in America is exactly correlated to the pig study results, at 30 percent, the highest in recorded U.S. history.
5. French scientist Gilles-Éric Seralini and his team have discovered that the co-formulants of Roundup are 1,000 times more toxic than glyphosate and are hormone disruptors, which can lead to breast cancer, miscarriages, birth defects and many other health issues.
GOP donor Gregory Slayton agrees with Sanders:“There’s nothing that will hurt her more with the Bernie Sanders/Bill De Blasio/Elizabeth Warren wing of the party than aligning herself with Wall Street.”“I got a call from a friend, a Hillary supporter, and he said he’d love to chat about what a disaster Trump is,” said a major Bush donor who chose to remain anonymous. “Then I got a call from another guy, also a big Democrat, who said exactly the same thing. I responded to one in an email and said I didn’t really think Trump was a disaster and I’d be supporting him because Hillary would be a bigger disaster. It’s smart that they are doing it but I don’t know how much it will work.”
DokuWiki Beginners Screencast #1This weekend I started with something I wanted to do for a long time – a screencast series for DokuWiki beginners. The short 5 to 10 minute videos shall explain basic DokuWiki concepts to new users.This first screencast starts where every beginner starts and explains how to create your first page in Dokuwiki.The screencast has English subtitles to make it easier to follow my mediocre English pronunciation. The video is hosted at dotSUB which makes it possible to translate the subtitles in a very wiki like way. So if you like to make this video more accessible, help to translate it to other languages.Remember this is my first screencast with audio so be gentle with your criticism ;-). But I’m open for tips how to improve future ones.
WishlistHere’s my wishlist at Amazon Germany. Thanks to the universal wishlist feature it includes products at some other shops as well.It’s mainly a list for my self, but if you want to help out, feel free ;-) When my birthday or Christmas is near, better also coordinate with Kaddi to avoid gift collisions.The list is sorted by priority. BTW. My T-Shirt size is L. Amazon Wishlist Steam Wishlist Donations via Paypal Donations via Bitcoin: 15B8b5yCB5sK7hSwbhyQQZpHrRYzvmxrAA
Source: Wishlist [splitbrain.org]